This course is designed to provide instruction in alignment theory and equipment operation necessary to align Class 2 through Class 8 vehicles. Emphasis will be placed on instructing the use of alignment diagnostic angles, such as S.A.I., Included Angle and turning angle. WinAlign's bushing calculator and CAMMs program will be explained in detail. Course consists of a combination of classroom and hands-on shop training.
By the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Accurately measure all alignment angles, including the available diagnostic angles.
- Accurately measure all frame dimensions, including wheelbase, track width and frame offset
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of positive or negative camber and total toe
- Explain the premature tire wear patterns associated with incorrect wheel alignment
- Explain the vehicle handling characteristics associated with front caster
- Diagnose the cause of vehicle pull, drift, wander, darting, tire wear and dog tracking by interpreting the alignment measurements on a printout or on the computer screen.
- Diagnose the cause and recommend a solution for the following conditions:
- incorrect steering wheel position when traveling straight ahead
- shimmy felt in the steering wheel or seat
- excessive feedback (rough ride)
- Demonstrate how to use the following alignment measurements to diagnose damaged steering and/or suspension components:
- Steering Axis Inclination / Included Angle
- Turning Angle / Maximum Steering Angle.
- Demonstrate the proper use of WinAlign's automatic bushing calculator and control arm movement monitor to adjust camber and caster on Twin I-Beam and SLA suspensions.
- Explain the function of the accident avoidance systems available for Heavy Trucks and how to calibrate/aim the forward looking radar module.
Heavy-Duty Technicians may qualify to take this course by successfully completing the following course listed below:
- Heavy-Duty Fundamental Alignment (Level I Course)
- One year of hands-on shop experience using Hunter Heavy-Duty alignment equipment.
Medium and Heavy-Duty alignment technicians.
$475.00 per student
Note-This course may be taken in combination with the Level 1 Heavy-Duty Alignment course for $900.00 ($50.00 savings)
Two-days (16 hours) unless otherwise specified.