Advanced Heavy-Duty Alignment including Motor Coach and RVs (Level II) Course Description
This course is designed to provide instruction in advanced alignment theory and equipment operation necessary to align Class 2 through Class 8 vehicles. The heavy-duty alignment technician taking this course should already understand the fundamentals of heavy-duty alignment and have hands-on shop experience using Hunter Heavy-Duty alignment equipment. Emphasis will be placed on instructing the use of alignment diagnostic angles, such as S.A.I., Included Angle and turning angle. WinAlign's bushing calculator and CAMMs program will be explained in detail. Course consists of a combination of classroom lectures and hands-on shop training. Hands-on/Lab modules are structured to provide the student in-depth skills relating to alignment equipment operation in combination with additional opportunities to perform actual vehicle alignment processes. The amount of actual vehicle alignments will vary with each class.
By the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Accurately measure all alignment angles including the available diagnostic angles.
- Interpret alignment measurements and printouts to determine the cause of pulls, drifts, wander, darting, tire wear, dog tracking, improper steering wheel position, shimmy, excessive feedback and cornering performance.
- Understand the advanced alignment angles: Steering Axis Inclination, Included Angle, Turning Angle, Setback and Maximum Steering Angle.
- Identify bent or damaged steering and suspension system components such as axles, spindles, steering knuckles, control arms and frames.
- Effectively use WinAlign's automatic bushing calculator and control arm movement monitor to adjust camber and caster on Twin I-Beam and SLA suspensions found in Class 2 and Class 3 vehicles.
Heavy-Duty Technicians may qualify to take this course by successfully completing one of the two options listed below:
- Heavy-Duty Fundamental Alignment (Level I Course)
Medium and Heavy-Duty alignment technicians.
$450.00 per student
Note-This course may be taken in combination with the Advanced
Heavy-Duty Alignment (Level I) Course for $900.00 ($100.00 savings)
Two-days (16 hours) unless otherwise specified.