Miscentering during wheel balancing procedures is the number one cause of improper balancing and customer comebacks. Automatic CenteringCheck® always monitors wheel centering to reduce setup errors.
Hunter HD Elite™ Wheel Balancer
Eliminate wheel-related vibrations in heavy-duty assemblies.
Unmatched vision system
Easily measure runout
Ensure proper centering
With automatic CenteringCheck®
Hunter HD Elite™
HD Elite™ wheel balancer at-a-glance
- Measure runout and balance faster than any traditional balancer.
- Eliminate error opportunities with the patented laser vision system.
- Solve vibration problems by detecting and matching the high spot of the tire using the diagnostic load roller.
- Ensure proper centering with patented automatic CenteringCheck®.
- Maximize efficiency using SmartWeight® technology.
- True self-calibration with patented eCal auto-calibration.
- Wheel lift assists up to 500-lb. assemblies and provides proper mounting.
- Service car and light-truck assemblies as well.
Laser vision system
Patented vision technology provides more benefits in less time
Automatically determines weight plane locations
Selects clip or tape weight usage
Calculates ForceMatch® solution
Creates a three-dimensional model of the rim
Allows more single-weight solutions
Prioritizes hiding tape weights behind spokes
Automatic features reduce effort and errors
- Eliminate manual dimension entry and runout measurement
- Automatically select weight mode
- Hide wheel weights through patented algorithms
NEW Smartspot® weight placement pinpoints the exact tape weight location. This removes any confusion and saves time by reducing weight chasing, or repeated trial and error.
Powerful controls and real-time 3D graphics at your fingertips
Easy-to-use tools & features to provide the best balance
- One-touch to display rim dimensions
- Rim cutaway displays selected weight mode
- Switch text language with the push of a button
- TruWeight™ provides live navigation through selection and placement of wheel weights
- ForceMatch® panel displays assembly runout value and limits
Simple graphics illustrate how to optimize assembly. Live, color-coded graphics show the technician force variations.
Assembly diameter display
Easily accessible to make matching dual assemblies a snap.
High spot display
Mount dual assembly high spots 180 degrees apart to increase tire life.v
Video tutorials help technicians better understand features and functions.
Send a message to your local Hunter representative to receive a free pricing quote or product demo.
HeavyDuty Elite ROI
Efficiency & innovation
Save time & money with exclusive features
Take control of your savings and valuable shop time
SmartWeight® technology determines optimal weight placement to avoid excessive use and save money.
View your savings
Track your weight usage savings on-screen.
Any wheel size
Never turn down a customer. Service car and light truck wheel assemblies as well.
Intuitive, easy-to-learn controls
Easily lift wheel assemblies up to 500 lbs. and ensure a proper mount.
Top-dead-center laser system assists in easy weight placement.
Adaptor tree conveniently stores oversized balancer accessories.
Cancel vibrations by match-mounting!
When combined with one of Hunter's heavy-duty tire changers, the HD Elite™ provides match-mounting capability for achieving the smoothest possible ride.
Eliminate wheel-related vibration for a smooth ride
Measure & match the tire to wheel assembly
1. An unknown force vibrates the spindle
The customer notices strong vehicle vibrations. Vibration is transferred from the wheel through the steering column to the driver.
2. Specialized sensors measure the assembly
The HD Elite™ wheel balancer automatically measures runout (eccentricity) of a tire and wheel assembly. The roller measures the entire contact patch of the tire, detecting if the assembly is out-of-round.
3. Match-mounting cancels the vibration
Match-mounting the high spot on a tire to the low spot on a rim makes the assembly roll as smoothly as possible. Runout-related vibration is minimized, ensuring your customer a smoother ride and longer tire life.
Match dual assemblies to maximize tire life
Opposing high spots
Dual tyre assemblies with aligned high spots (1) behave like single assemblies with runout. Marking and installing wheels with high spots 180 degrees opposed (2) makes the dual assembly more round than the two assemblies alone and reduces vibration.
Unequal load on duals
Mismatched diameters on dual tyres causes the larger tyre (2) to carry more load, thus generating more heat and reducing tyre life. The lesser diameter tyre (1) may develop premature tire wear due to slippage relative to the road surface.
Revolutions per km
Dual tyre assemblies with mismatched diameters cause the smaller tyre (1) to turn faster and thus be dragged along with the larger tyre (2). For example, if one tyre has just 3 mm less tread depth than the other, it will be dragged 6,3 m. per km traveled.
See how you can provide a smooth, over-the-road ride for your customers.
Set goals, track productivity, generate results
Equipment utilization management helps you reach business goals
Set goals and identify opportunities
Easy-to-understand report measures output, opportunities & achievements
Easily see shop performance over time and ensure utmost utilization
Customers can find your shop using Hunter's equipment locator.
Receive automatic, daily reports
- Automatic daily snapshots in addition to a 7-day overview of performance trends
- View inspection rates and opportunities
- Measure alignment numbers and conversions
- Track balancing and ForceMatch® utilization
Your local Hunter service representative can answer questions, help with equipment operation and provide on-site training.
WinAlign® HDAlignment System
Reduce setup times and see live measurements on three axles on multi-axle trucks using self-centering, cordless sensors.
Hunter serviceLargest in the industry
Hunter deploys the largest service force of highly-qualified representatives in the industry.
Learn from knowledgable trainers in hands-on equipment usage and classroom learning.