This course is designed to instruct the new or less experienced heavy-duty alignment technician in fundamental alignment theory, equipment operation and the common adjustment methods found on single and multi-axle Class 8 road tractors and semi-trailers. Course consists of a combination of classroom lectures and hands-on shop training. Hands-on training reinforces the knowledge training in the classroom.
By the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Define the primary alignment angles and the affect each angle has on tire wear, fuel economy and vehicle handling.
- Identify worn or loose suspension and steering components affecting wheel alignment angles.
- Identify premature tire wear directly associated with wheel alignment.
- Navigate the WinAlign®HD software and select the correct vehicle configuration / specification.
- Properly position the vehicle, install sensors and measure the primary alignment angles.
- Demonstrate optional methods of mounting sensors and using adaptors.
- Perform the alignment procedures necessary to properly align single or multi-axle tractors and trailers.
- Correctly interpret alignment printouts and be able to convey the results to others.
- Perform a reverse sensor test to determine the calibrated state of the sensors.
Heavy-duty truck and trailer service experience.
Medium and Heavy-Duty Service Technicians.
$475.00 per student
Note-This course may be taken in combination with the Advanced Heavy-Duty Alignment (Level II) Course for $900.00 ($50.00 savings).
Two-days (16 hours) unless otherwise specified.