WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
When we use the term “personal data” we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Personal Data Collection
What Personal Data About Customers Does Hunter.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve the quality of Hunter equipment. Here are the types of personal data we gather.
- Personal Data You Give Us: We receive and store portions of information you enter on the Hunter.com website, provide to internet-connected Hunter products, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or at trade shows or events or otherwise. Examples of the information we process include your request, name, title, address and telephone number, email address, purchase information, fax number, business-related information, preferences provided by Internet activity, survey responses, and the name of the company you work for. You can choose not to provide certain information. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving the website, improving our equipment, and communicating with you.
- Personal Data Your Browser Provides:Your web browser provides information that we collect and analyze, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet.;
- Personal Data we receive from other sources: We also receive information about you from other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and/or combine it with data collected on this site. We also receive information from third parties including, for example, website partners, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, lead generators, data aggregators, social media platforms, and credit reference agencies. We utilize third-party analytics to collect information about use of this site. Such third-party analytics collect information such the frequency of user visits this site, what pages users visit when they do so, and what other sites they visited prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from third party analytics only to improve this site.
Non-Personal Data Collection
Collection and Processing of Non-Personal Data
When you visit our website, we automatically collect the following non-personal data: IP addresses, the website from which you visit us (referrer), pages viewed, files downloaded (downloads), videos viewed/audio tracks listened to, individual links clicked, search words or search phrases (site search), computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to, through, and from our website, including date and time, etc. If the visit is a result of online advertising such as banners, video ads, search engine advertising, etc., we may record which banner, adword, etc. motivated the visit to Hunter website. The Hunter website does not respond to, or recognize, “do not track” browser headers or requests.
This website is not directed towards children under 13 years of age and Hunter Engineering Company does not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 13 years of age.
Use of Personal Data
How Is Personal Data Used By Us?
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- Providing Support: to provide customer support and respond to requests, questions, and comments; to notify you about changes to our service; and to measure how effectively we address your concerns;
- Monitoring & Recording: to handle any interactions with us. Please be aware that it is our general practice to occasionally monitor and in record such interactions for employee training or quality assurance purposes or to retain evidence of a particular transaction or interaction.
- Mobile Applications: to make available mobile applications, to implement social media platforms on our websites, to register on these platforms. Please refer to associated privacy policies available with respect to these third party social media platforms.
- Protecting our Rights and Property: to protect our rights or property or that of our business partners, suppliers, customers or others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected; to recover debts; to prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities and prohibited behavior or activities.
- Surveys: to request and receive from you information regarding your relationship with us.
- Contacting Users: to contact or notify individuals in the event of a data security incident, and where permitted by law.
Use of Usage Data
How Is Usage Data Used By Us?
We collect usage data from visitors to the Hunter website, which is utilized in the following ways:
- Website Experience: for the technical administration of the website; for internal operations; for customer administration; for product surveys; for troubleshooting; for data analysis, data analytics, testing, and research and development purposes; to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Business Uses: to establish and manage accounts; to analyze and develop new products, services and websites; and to adjust or modify existing web pages and message content to increase customer engagement and generate business leads.
Basis For Collection of Data
What is the Legal Basis For Collection and Use of Your Data?
As described herein, Hunter Engineering Company has legitimate interests in the collection and use of personal data and usage data obtained from users visiting our website. Data voluntarily provided by users when registering to use features of the website, subsequently using the website, and completing forms online as part of an information request, etc. constitutes acceptance and consent to the data collection practices described in this policy.
Data Use and 3rd Parties
Is Your Data Transferred or Provided to Third Parties?
- professional service providers (including translators, legal advisers and accountants) assisting Hunter with its business;
- adverse parties who have a legal right to receive such information and their counsel and experts;
- law enforcement authorities, and other government authorities
- to content and technology providers, businesses, and marketing agencies (provided that you have consented), and to which you have a choice to opt out of as described below; and
- to other types of third-party entities as requires for Hunter to meet obligations under unanticipated situations which may arise (provided that you have consented), and to which you have a choice to opt out of as described below.
Do We Disclose Data?
We will disclose such data for the following purposes:
- to service the legal agreement between us and third parties, ;
- to market products and services offered by Hunter;
- to manage our business;
- to improve and optimize our site and services;
- to enable third parties to offer products or services potentially of interest to you (provided that you have consented), which you can chose to opt out of receiving as described below; and
- as required by law in cases where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, as well as that of our customers, clients, or others or in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request.
If Hunter decides, whether for strategic or other business reasons, to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our business, and such a transaction involves the disclosure of personal data to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such data from sellers, appropriate protection for data will be applied in these types of transactions.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design and improve our web site and services and gather information for product management and development. This aggregate information is shared with our affiliates and independent franchisees.
Retaining Personal Data
How Long Is Personal Data Retained?
Data collected through Hunter Engineering Company websites is destroyed, erased from our systems, or anonymized 12 months after the data has been submitted or refreshed by a user. In general, Hunter will endeavor not to retain your personal data in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes, which may be less than 12 months.
Hunter.com currently utilizes the following cookies:
Category: Necessary Hunter Cookie.
Type: Temporary. This cookie will expire after 30 days.
This cookie is used to store the user's location in order to provide custom results and their local representative. Expires after 30 days.
Category: Third-Party Cookie
This cookie is used to track the user in order to provide Online Chat capabilities.
Name: Google Analytics
Category: Third-Party Cookie
This cookie is used to track the user's movements and actions.
Protecting Personal Data
Are Security Measures In Place To Protect Personal Data?
In proportion to the sensitivity of the information, we maintain reasonable administrative, technical and/or physical safeguards and appropriate security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data, as no electronic data transmission or storage of information is completely secure. If an incident is reported affecting your information, we will investigate and comply with all required reporting obligations.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can choose not to provide information, although doing so may limit the usefulness of the Hunter.com site. Depending on the circumstances you have the right to:
- Request access to any personal data we hold about you;
- Object to the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes;
- Request to have inaccurate data held about you amended or updated;
- Request to have your data erased or to restrict processing in certain limited situations;
- Request the porting of your personal data to another organization in machine-readable format;
- Object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process; and/or
- Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Third-Party re-marketing information
Links to Other Sites
This is a U.S. website, and this site and our services are subject to U.S. laws, including those governing the privacy and security of your information. If you use our services, you are transferring your information to Hunter Engineering Company in the United States. By using the services or providing your information to us through the services you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States, and our handling of your information in accordance with applicable U.S. requirements.
Condition of Use
Condition of Use, Notice, and Revisions
Hunter Engineering Company
Bridgeton, MO 63044