Hunter Engineering Company designs, manufactures and sells a wide range of passenger car and truck service equipment including:
- Computer-based wheel alignment systems
- Vehicle inspection systems
- Wheel balancers
- Brake lathes
- Tire changers
- Vehicle lifts
Hunter's award-winning research and development team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers is responsible for hundreds of patented and exclusive features that make Hunter products the most productive undercar service equipment available.
Hunter is a primary supplier in major car and truck manufacturer dealership equipment programs and is the recipient of many OEM supplier awards. It has been chosen for use at OEM production, research, testing and training facilities including: Chrysler's Chelsea Proving Grounds; Ford's Experimental Vehicles Building; General Motors' Milford Proving Grounds; and VW/Audi's Auburn Hills headquarters. Hunter heavy-duty brake testing equipment is the choice of the U.S. Army Logistics Command.
Since 1946, when Automotive Hall of Fame inductee Lee Hunter founded Hunter Engineering, the company has built a reputation for innovation and visionary leadership in the application of the newest technologies to automotive undercar service.
California Supply Chain Act
Hunter Products Made in the USA
- Expert assembly goes into each alignment system, alignment console, tire changer, balancer, brake lathe and other components.
- All printed circuit board design and assembly is performed in-house. Hunter produces over one million boards and cable assemblies every year using robotic equipment.
- Machining: Operators use CNC milling machines and cutting-edge robotic systems to manufacture high precision components.
- Hunter equipment must pass rigorous quality assurance inspections. Independent quality certifications also ensure that the most competitive global manufacturing standards are met.
- Four manufacturing facilities in the USA
- Manufacturing automotive service equipment from start to finish
View Interactive Issue (English) | View PDF (English)